Currently stationed away in Canada ;). Just getting used to being here so will be mostly absent for a few days, as well the recentupdate script is in a computer in Texas atm, so I don't have direct access to running it. So, recentupdates might lag behind quite a bit. --Nanenj 13:17, 17 February 2006 (PST)
- well thats explains the delay :) hope you have fun in Canada. Do you need someone else to run the script? let me know --Bailey 07:37, 24 February 2006 (PST)
- If you have a script, or can remake what I was using with little effort, feel free to run it for now. I had set up VNC on the computer in texas, but a firewall issue is preventing me from accessing it :(. Haven't had much luck in figuring out what exactly the issue is, so have kinda said screw it :P I might see if I can get my friends that I left the computer with to email me the file, but, not sure they'd be able to find it.
Regardless, if you can/want too, feel free to do the recent updates. --Nanenj 12:08, 24 February 2006 (PST)
Hey man. Glad to see this wiki. I used to contribute to another lyrics wiki, kiwilyrics if you've heard of it, until it sold out.
I'd like to ask you, aren't you afraid the copyright holders will come after you? I don't think that writing lyrics by hearing will cover you. Best solution of course, would be to host this thing somewhere in Russia and be done with it ;)
Kiwilyrics has a pretty big collection of wikied lyrics and I still have the owners email. If you wish, you could try contacting him in case he retains a archive somewhere.
Cheers! --Db0 08:45, 11 April 2006 (PDT)
- Fear of copyright holders isn't there. It's a wiki, I'm not responsible for what the users put here. Second, it's non profit, they could sue, but what are they going to get? Let's see, 80% of the nothing I make (since I'm a net bum) is..... nothing. Sue me all you like, I have no income. Third, if by chance they do have a legal/proper claim and file it correctly, I would comply to the best of my ability in removing the cited works from their legal proceedings from Lyriki. Lastly, if I could find an affordable host in a far off country, chances are I'd take it. But, most of those hosts charge premium rates, and in all honesty, I feel quite safe as is. Asides, being a no-income internet bum makes paying exorbirant hosting costs hard to manage ;). --Nanenj 13:03, 11 April 2006 (PDT)
[Removed because of it offering one-sided advertising to a commercial site.]
Ouch "commercial". I just signed up to reply to your last part of the deleted area to say "Let's Be Friends".
One-sided? He's your guy not mine, lol. Anyway...
If you think of any way that our sites can cooperate, let me know. I realize that both of us would have a hard time parting with our projects that we spent so much time on, and it may be hard to think of ways to cooperate short of me giving you all my code or you giving me all your members.
Regardless... keep in touch.
-Sean Colombo 09:35, 26 April 2006 (PDT)
- Just a minor note (considering I agree with the edit) enjnan isn't me :). Your site has every right to exist, but it has stepped on a few toes. Lyriki existed long before, and has -no- advertising. As well, your formatting seems to have borrowed very heavily from Lyriki. You've also claimed Lyriki as smaller and deprecated. As if your site was the official standard by which to be judged and you had the absolute rule to declare it as lesser. Anyways, that being said, right now the best option is probably merely to ignore the existance of the other. The more I look at your site, the more I feel that you must of seen lyriki.com and decided that you could do the same and turn a profit, whether directly through advertising, or through pimping the 'parent' company that is behind your site. Because of this, and because of the commercial aspects, I can't in good conscience allow links. The only real request I have is that you remove your invitation to members of lyriki on your site. --Nanenj 10:19, 26 April 2006 (PDT)
- You aren't Enjnan? I was pretty sure you were seeing as his name is an anagram of yours. In any case, as I've said in Enjnan's talkpage, censorship is not the solution and it really doesn't solve the problem. It only piques curiosity to see what that deleted link was, which is very easy to find from the history.--Db0 10:24, 26 April 2006 (PDT)
- I deleted the invitation page. -Sean Colombo
- Many thanks, that eases alot of what was nipping at me personally. :) --Nanenj 06:55, 27 April 2006 (PDT)
- Nope, Enjnan is my girlfriend, it's our respective initials, mine with my initials first, hers with her initials first :). If you disagree, you can go ahead and revert, as your one of our more prominent users and I trust the judgement of those that contribute most to Lyriki. However, we have established before that linking to commercial sites is a no-no. --Nanenj 10:28, 26 April 2006 (PDT)
- I thought that kind'a odd -- I was always wondering why two of the admins had seemingly random names... today was the first time that I noticed that they were both sets of 3 characters transposed. :D --MindlessXD 21:37, 26 April 2006 (PDT)