Spam blacklist broken?
- So it doesn't... I'll see about getting it fixed ASAP, hopefully tonight. --Evelyn 12:50, 28 January 2011 (PST)
- I think we may need an additional anti-spam mechanism. Spam is picking up, and a lot of it can't be dealt with easily using the blacklist. --MindlessXD 12:41, 30 January 2011 (PST)
Hi, is it possible to add these two extensions in order to block automatic spam?
- SimpleAntiSpam: adds a hidden form field to the edit page as an anti-spam/anti-bot check. If the field is not blank when the page is saved, the save will be aborted and a generic "you triggered the spam filter" page will be shown
- AntiBot: simple framework for spambot checks and trigger payloads. The aim is to allow for private development and limited collaboration on filters for common spam tools such as XRumer
What do you think? --Airon90 03:30, 11 May 2011 (PDT)
- Done and Done. Thank you for the suggestions! I've already installed a number of different things, but none of them seemed to work too well. Hopefully these will help. --Evelyn 07:29, 11 May 2011 (PDT)
- Well, so far that doesn't seem to have had much effect. I did manage to keep hacking on SpamBlacklist and get it to stop returning errors when enabled. Maybe that will help a little, but we'll see! --Evelyn 08:08, 12 May 2011 (PDT)
Is there some ban-and-delete-all-contributions-as-spam extension we could install? Manually deleting all the spam is getting tiring. --MindlessXD 15:03, 13 July 2012 (UTC)
Googling "lyriki" and clicking the result for the main page puts me into a redirect loop. Also, the database dump is getting a bit stale. ;) --MindlessXD 20:22, 10 April 2012 (UTC)
I think both of these are now fixed. Dumps should be generated once a week. --Evelyn 23:53, 10 April 2012 (UTC)