Difference between revisions of "User talk:Attendant"
|Line 65:||Line 65:|
-- [[User:Mark|Mark]] 12:30, 2 February 2007 (PST)
-- [[User:Mark|Mark]] 12:30, 2 February 2007 (PST)
Revision as of 05:49, 26 May 2007
amaroK lyrics plugin
I noticed a comment at the lyriki amaroK plugin page:
Title: "Great Heart" Artist: "Johnny Clegg & Savuka" In this case, a lyrics page for Johnny_Clegg:Great_Heart exists and also an artist page for Johnny_Clegg. But if the artist tag says "Johnny Clegg & Savuka", not the lyrics are returned, but the artist page.
I don't know if you've fixed this or not, but if you haven't, it's probably because you aren't urlencodeing the page name. Since & is a reserved symbol in URLs everything after it will basically be truncated since it expects more parameters. --MindlessXD 14:19, 16 May 2006 (PDT)
- Well, there are a few thing to 'review' in that script. I have already fixed some of them, will check this one for the next release too (which will be soon).
- Changing the subject... do we have a page for scripts and things alike? (if not, maybe we should). I've been working on amaBot for awhile and after fixing some things I'd like to release it to the general public. Is it possible to upload files to the site (other than pictures)? --Attendant 22:19, 17 May 2006 (PDT)
With the recent site update, the script seems to have stopped submitting properly. It doesn't give any debug output, but it just says in the statusbar that there was a submission error. --Dhraakellian 20:55, 23 March 2007 (PDT)
- Just saw the update on kde-apps. Thanks. --Dhraakellian 11:53, 29 March 2007 (PDT)
ooops, looks like they slipped past my editting, sorry about that. --Ahoier 11:45, 24 June 2006 (PDT)
- oh wow, I think I've made this mistake on other lyric pages too; where there are more than 2 albums, that contain the same lyrics. Is there any easy way of going back and figuring out which ones? so only 1 lyric tag per page. I'll keep that in mind. I think we just need another/new/modified template for lyrics/tracks that appear on multiple albums, to make this all easier.--ahoier 07:24, 25 June 2006 (PDT)
- i figured what i meant. before when i was using the 2 lyric tags, I was using br tags to line break between the different versions of the song. But now using just one lyric tag that shouldn't be a problem anyhow, since the breaks are preserved within those lyric tags anyhow. I guess I was just making more work for myself :P--ahoier 18:01, 25 June 2006 (PDT)
Feature Suggestions for Lyriki.rb
- Have Lyriki.rb open up the submit dialog if no lyrics are found whatsoever.
- Have a command-line switch to force GTK, Tcl/TK, or QT bindings.
- Maybe pop up the dialog first thing and report as it scans. 'Searching Lyriki ... Not Found'. This is actually a half-request, cause there's no real intent to support Lyriki on windows, but the methods for calling Lyriki on windows generate no feedback as to whether it's working and just not finding anything, or failing outright.
- If the song is found on lyriki, and marked as AutoGenerated, pop up the edit dialog instead of just scraping the lyrics, perhaps an option for this on the command line, maybe even just make it toggle so that it always opens the editable dialog instead of ever showing the lyric plain window.
- An option not to show the plain lyric window after submitting lyrics.
Any/All the above would be greatly appreciated if you get the time :)
--Nanenj 12:42, 7 October 2006 (PDT)
- Can be done
- Trivial to implement (though I don't see why it's necessary)
- Don't expect this for now...
- Almost done
- Known bug I haven't fix yet (will do someday)
- --Attendant 11:13, 8 October 2006 (PDT)
- Good deal, 2 is mainly a debugging thing. When I installed GTK, at first the script was entirely broken. It took me a bit of testing to get it working again, but, without removing GTK, I couldn't test if the Tcl bindings still worked ^^; Also, I'm not sure how fussy other people are, but, some may like one interface better than another, or such silliness :P (I know the GTK UI looks a billion times better than the Tcl/Tk UI :P). Thanks for all the work you've put into it :) --Nanenj 12:15, 8 October 2006 (PDT)
Linkin_Park:1Stp_Klosr got vandalized/spammed by User:188.8.131.52 (CenturyTel Internet Holdings, Inc), is there a built-in "Revert" feature to revert to my previous edit? Or is the fix just to copy/paste and repost the lyrics in place of the spam. Sorry about the SOAD stuff. --ahoier 09:13, 4 November 2006 (PST)
- alright, that answered my question. sounds simple enough. The rollback feature doesn't seem to be their for non-Admins, but the editting the previous post, and then re-posting it would work fine. --ahoier 11:27, 5 November 2006 (PST)
Just out of curiosity, why use HTML tables instead of wiki-tables? --MindlessXD 21:42, 28 January 2007 (PST)
- So that we don't use work around templates that impose an additional unnecessary burden on the server. --Attendant 09:08, 29 January 2007 (PST)
In honour of your diligence in cleaning up after newbies and others, here is a barnstar, the traditional Wiki award for those contributors who go above and beyond to knit a wiki community together and tighten up its product.
-- Mark 12:30, 2 February 2007 (PST)
Dear Admin, I had some problems with creation of some cross-links, because it seems Lyriki cannot create links to words which differ only by capitalization of letters. I think this is big trouble, so it will be better if the names of the songs and albums are not case sensitive. So that it seems I have created doubled entry on Tatu album "Dangerous and Moving" that is different from "Dangerous And Moving", and after some confusion I have realized that what matters is the capitalization of "and", this is bizzare, and I think it is better if something can be done to resolve this problem. Regards, Dankomed 06:49, 26 May 2007 (PDT)