It's not so bad once you get used to the wiki. Granted, an tool that automaticaly creates the pages and fills in the templates would be great but until then...
lyrc.ar sucks btw.--Db0 10:22, 24 April 2006 (PDT)
- The problem is that I don't think most people will take the time to get used to it... they just want a simple form to submit some lyrics. Having that would help contributions here tremendously, I think.
- lyrc.ar does suck, but at least it's relatively easy to get started submitting stuff (and amaroK uses it by default to grab lyrics, so that helped boost its uptake, I think).
- --Keverets 10:56, 24 April 2006 (PDT)
- I can't remember who did it off the top of my head (MindlessXD I think) has already made PHP scripts, if someone wanted to pretty them up and parse them into a form that they think people would find easy to use, he's released the entire scripts for people to do so with. I do try to make improvements to Lyriki, but, right now the situation isn't the best for me to devote time to it so I rely on those who contribute to lyriki to come up with those kinds of things :) --Nanenj 13:40, 27 April 2006 (PDT)
- I'm actually working on something like this for LyricWiki... it should be done soon. Although our pages are formatted differently, you could probably gank and modify the code a lot more easily than starting from scratch (some of the JS is fairly cool). -Sean Colombo 16:25, 27 April 2006 (PDT)
- Excellent. Would be good if both projects could have a similar interface. --Keverets 18:05, 27 April 2006 (PDT)
Song Page Format
Hi Keverets, I have noticed that when you create a song page you often leave out the proper page format. In the future, please follow these guidelines. Also it would be great if you could fix all of your previous pages as well, I've started you off with some :) --268229 01:06, 13 May 2006 (PDT)
- As far as I can tell, there is no "proper" format (you posted a link to (and use) an old format that isn't currently recommended). The most important thing for me is that the lyrics are on the wiki and able to be found by searching or surfing through the song category. Everything else is just fluff. Once a "proper" format is really decided upon (and actually seems to add something useful to the page), I'll start using it. Until then, it seems like a waste of time. --Keverets 03:13, 13 May 2006 (PDT)
- Adding SSong requires finding another page, copying & pasting the template, and filling it out. Generally the only extra information I have at the time is the Album. So the only functional difference is a link to the Album (the title and artist are already in the title of the page), and the amount of extra work to get that still doesn't seem worth the cost to me. If there was a canonical PHP script that we could be pointed at, that would fill all these things out automatically, I would definitely use it. For now, I'll leave it to 268229 to put in an old format and someone else to move it to SSong. --Keverets 09:02, 15 May 2006 (PDT)
- It is annoying having to paste the SSONG stuff in; I think every new song page on the wiki should start out with the SSONG template. In the meantime, I just keep one Firefox tab open with the templates in it for easy pasting.
- Additionally, if you're putting up a full album, fill in everything for SSong except for the song title itself and keep that on your clipboard so that you can paste it into each individual track's page. After that, you just need to fill in the title and lyrics. (It'd also probably be a good idea to include the lyrics tags and the incomplete C:Song template in that same clipboard entry)--Dhraakellian 21:54, 7 October 2006 (PDT)