Jump to navigation Jump to search
The current album template seems kind of ugly to me and I'm looking for some consensus to change it (for the better i hope :)) so any opinions on the subject will be well received. --Attendant 21:33, 16 April 2006 (PDT)
- I've been using a edited/custom version of this template for a while, here's an example, you're welcome to use it/edit it, whatever. Since I use the long discography, I feel that album pages should have more information, but the current template seems fine when used with short discographies. Feel free to make your own if you don't like any ;) --268229 00:04, 17 April 2006 (PDT)
- What specifically doesn't look good about it...? I thought it looked good because the album cover width is constant and therefore so is the track list's position. If the track list is on the left then the cover will move based on the length of the song names. --MindlessXD 09:11, 17 April 2006 (PDT)
- First of all, let me remind that this is a matter of taste, so I just can't point out what's wrong with it. That's not to say that I can't point a few things I personally dislike about it, though it won't add much more than what a description of the template would.
- About the cover/tracklist positioning, you're probably right (though I prefer the track list on the left, it would look bad if there's a song with a name too long) What I don't like? a. The missing frame around the cover b. The font size for the album name under the cover (too big, especially when the album name is already credited by the page title itself) c. The missing (fake or not) "Track List" header d. The way the artist and release date information is presented.
- As you can see, this is nothing but a mere enumeration of the differences between the current template and the one I linked to in the previous post ;) --Attendant 16:22, 18 April 2006 (PDT)
- It's really too bad that the end-user can't decide how [s]he want's it to be displayed. :/ --MindlessXD 21:12, 18 April 2006 (PDT)
- Sarcasm...? really? if so, you are out of line, though perhaps you misunderstood my comments on this thread (or am I misunderstanding yours?). I know that, this being a wiki, anybody can go the way they want. As I have stated (or so I thought), I just don't want to make a change that would affect a lot of pages and a lot of people's work without knowing what others think of it. About the previous post, I wrote it on your request. I've just pointed out that most of what I had to say was implied by the first post. --Attendant 19:27, 19 April 2006 (PDT)
- No, I wasn't being sarcastic. --MindlessXD 22:17, 19 April 2006 (PDT)
- Then I apologize, though I ask you to keep in mind that this is a forum (like) medium not a chat room, so I tend to think about posts as directly answering their parents. That's why I took yours as some sort of criticism of the thread and not as the comment it was. Not acknowledging this will make things unnecessarily confusing. --Attendant 19:07, 22 April 2006 (PDT)